[rt-users] To NotifyActor or not to NotifyActor ...

Blake Turner blake at eos-3.com
Tue May 18 11:00:41 EDT 2010

> If you really want to support this sort of thing my recommendation would
>be to have the users setup to receive notifications of new tickets. They
>can then reply, and in combination with one of the scrips on the wiki,
>become the owner if they are the first to act on it.

I really like this method... I have the ticket creation notifications going
to a shared mailbox for all the users to see. but I cannot seem to find a
sample scrip on the wiki to assign ownership of a ticket based on the email
address that the reply came from. I mean I know I can set the owner of the
ticket by using:

$self->TicketObj->SetOwner('Some User');

But I cannot find a reference to pulling the email address that the reply
came from to match it with 'Some User'.

Any advice on how to make that happen?

Thanks for the ideas!