[rt-users] Does RT track logins using IP?

vmos pcbadger at gmail.com
Wed May 19 05:38:00 EDT 2010

We recently completed an upgrade of RT from version 3.3 to 3.8.7, we also
moved it out of the building to a server located in our data centre.

Now there's a problem which occurs at random times through the day but
mostly in the morning. Sometimes you'll go to RT and find yourself logged
out and sometimes you'll find yourself logged in as someone else (the
worrying thing is that sometimes it takes a while to notice you're using
someone elses account)

Now in years of using the old version this never happened, now it's
happening several times a day. I think the key thing is now that the server
is in the data centre so as far as RT is concerned we are all coming from
the same IP

So my question is , does RT cache IPs and if so, how can we disable this?