[rt-users] ExternalAuth versus RT::User::Load

Italo Valcy italovalcy at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:38:16 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I'm using ExternalAuth to authenticate user against a LDAP server. But
I'm unable  to load an user that have never logged in RT (but it
exists on LDAP database).

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a new user account on LDAP server, let say 'testuser' (cn
= "Test User")
  2. Configure map attributes to use RealName (RT) as 'cn' (LDAP).
  3. Try to load a user in a scrip:
--------------------8<-------------------------
my $user = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);
$user->LoadByCol("RealName", "Test User");
--------------------8<-------------------------

Expected result: the scrip will not load the user.

My question is: Is there a way to load this user (a valid user in LDAP
server) even if he has never logged in? (I mean autocreate the user
while we load him)

Some information:
 - I'm using RT 3.6
 - I followed [1] to get LDAP authentication working (very long time
ago, and I know its deprecated now)

1 - http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/LdapUserLocalOverlay

Thanks for any help.

Kind Regards, Italo.