[rt-users] Bookmarked Tickets portlet not available in RT_at_a_glance

Scott Sears scott at myemma.com
Wed May 19 13:40:50 EDT 2010

Greetings-

* My problem in a nutshell:
I do not see the Bookmarked Tickets portlet in my list of available
portlets in the RT_at_a_glance configuration.

* Background:
We are migrating RT from 3.6.5 to 3.8.7. Both running on Centos 5.4.
The new server is not yet in a production environment.
I have rebuilt the entire system on a new more robust server and
exported/imported/upgraded the database into a new mysql instance
v5.0.77 (the version of mysql has not changed)
The database export/import and schema update appear to have been
successful.
I have installed several Extensions and Callbacks documented in the RT
wiki including Colored Priorities, Rights Matrix,
ExtractCustomFieldValues and CommandsByEmail.
My RT user has superuser privileges.

* I found this in http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ManualUsingWebInterface
:
RT AT A GLANCE / LEFT COLUMN
"Bookmarked tickets: New in 3.8 (CHECKME) is a facility where you can
bookmark any ticket while you're looking at it, no matter its queue or
owner, by clicking on an empty star (like the FireFox 3 bookmark star)
in the top right corner of the page. Tickets you've bookmarked in this
way will be displayed in this panel. "

* Where I've looked to do the legwork:
Google, the RT manual, wiki.bestpractical.com, rt-users lists archive
disambiguation of a ticket bookmark and a browser bookmark has made
the search slow-going, but I haven't seen any other user describe this
problem. I'm sure this is somehow my fault, but I have run out of
leads. Actually I haven't found any leads for resolving this problem
at all.

Can anyone kindly provide some breadcrumbs for me to follow? I suspect
I'm lacking the understanding of a fundamental concept. I  look
forward to being fully embarrassed.

Thanks very much for your time.

Scott

Infrastructure Team  |  Emma®