[rt-users] Problem: Requestor and Cc not filled when creating new Ticket

Philipp Morger pmorger at junisphere.net
Thu May 20 04:56:31 EDT 2010

Dear List

I evaluating RT 3.8 (3.8.7 to be specific) on Ubuntu 10.04, installed
from dist packages - fresh install.

I configured a test install where I created two queues. In each queue I
assigned a group to the Cc Watchers.
In each of thoses two groups is a user and I carefully set the
permissions on the group that a user of one group
can only create and see his group - so far so good.

The issue I have is, that when the user logs into the RT web UI and
starts to create a ticket, that the
"Requestor" and "Cc" fields are blank, and even worse is that the user
can modify those fields. I was able to
have the Requestor autofilled by giving the user an email address. Yet,
I don't want that the user can set any
of the two fields and like to have those fields autofilled anyway - so
that when this user or a user of his group
sees all the tickets in the "RT at a glance", which I actually can only
achieve by manually setting the requestor
and CC in the people tab after the ticket has been created.

So summarize what I want to accomplish:
- Don't show the "Requestor", "Cc" and "Admin Cc" fields when a user
creates a ticket.
- Automatically set the "People" values "Requestor" to the user that
opened the ticket, regardless if he has no email assigned.
  And add set the "Cc" and "Admin Cc" from the queue watchers setting.

Thanks in advance for some lines pointing me into the right direction.

Regards
Philipp