[rt-users] Can anyone help a n00b with a scrip?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Nov 3 05:46:27 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 10:18:45PM -0600, Jason Marshall wrote:
> Hi all, I've installed RT3 again after a long absence, and I'm
> reminded once again how abysmal my Perl skills are.  What I'd like
> is this:
>
> A ticket is opened via email (or whatever), and as a result doesn't
> have an owner.  I'd like an email to go out to everyone who has
> OwnTicket rights in that queue so that people are informed of the
> arrival of a new ticket.  Keeners can take a ticket for themselves,
> or the boss can assign the tickets to whoever he wants.
>
> The important part is that people are made aware of the new ticket
> without having to log in and check.  Maybe there's a way to do this
> without writing a scrip and template, but if there is, it's not
> obvious to me...
>
> Any help, either cluing me in to the right way to accomplish this,
> or with the scrip would be much appreciated!  Thanks!!!

You just have to set those people as AdminCc of the queue. Rt comes with
a default configuration that send notification when a new ticket enter
the system, to AdminCc of the queue.

(See Configuration->Queue->YourQueue->Watchers for AdminCc and
Configuration->Global->Scrips to see the default notifications enabled)