[rt-users] Frustrating attempts to install RT3.8 from RPM

Wes Modes wmodes at ucsc.edu
Wed Nov 3 19:36:02 EDT 2010

I presume that is CentOS5.  That would make me very happy as CentOS RPMs
should work for RHEL.

One thing I adore about well-built packages is that things are placed in
the right location for the OS.  For instance, the RT3 rpms put all the
config files in /etc, all the perl modules in the perl modules dir, and
the various tools in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.

Is yours built that way, or does it keep to the Best Practical distro
locations?

i guess this means that no one has a solution to the problem I observed
with the rpm bundle I did find, ya?

Wes

>>> Paul