[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and multiple LDAP servers

Giuseppe Sollazzo gsollazz at sgul.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 06:04:14 EDT 2010

Hi Nick,

there's something weird in here as we have a similar setting: 2 ldap
servers in the file. The interesting thing is that our logs don't stop
there.

Basically:

Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [
                                 'My_LDAP',
                                 'My_LDAP2'
                             ]
);

Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [
                                 'My_LDAP',
                                 'My_LDAP2'
                             ]
);

Set($ExternalSettings,      {
                                 'My_LDAP'   =>  {

                                                             },
                                 'My_LDAP2'   =>  {

                                                             },
                                             },
);

So, to check your problem I've altered the name of the server to
something wrong.

What I see in the logs is a critical error on the connection to My_LDAP,
but a quick fallback to My_LDAP2:

[Thu Nov  4 09:58:46 2010] [critical]:
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP::_GetBoundLdapObj : Cannot connect to
ldap1aaa.mydomain
(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm:437)
[Thu Nov  4 09:58:46 2010] [debug]: Attempting to use external auth
service: My_LDAP2
(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:64)

What makes me think that the problem is actually different, is that
"FAILED LOGIN" that I see in your log. So I would check

1) what happens if you leave just the second server
2) what's your configuration as far as the following is concerned:
Set($WebExternalAuth , 1);
Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , 1);
Set($WebExternalAuto , 1);

3) what's your log level, I would set it to 'debug' if it's not:
Set($LogToFile, 'debug');

When you've checked the previous, please report back.

All the best,
Giuseppe

--
____________________________________