[rt-users] Hardware requirements / guidelines?

Stuart Browne stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Thu Nov 4 22:50:55 EDT 2010

It depends heavily upon how many users you intend to have and how many tickets you expect created.  If the numbers are small (less than a 40 or so privileged users, only a few hundred tickets a week), a small VM is just fine (as Seth mentioned).

RT its self is just a small web application.  The database it uses on the other hand can get large and unwieldy; the database requires considerably more resources than RT.

We have about 30 privileged users, don't use SelfService bug to through about 1000-1000 tickets a week.  We use a Pentium D (older workstation model) server with 4GB of memory for both front end and database.  We use MySQL for RT's database, it is about 1.5GB and has about 40,000 tickets.  The machine isn't pushed hard.

Stuart