[rt-users] Hardware requirements / guidelines?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Fri Nov 5 11:33:48 EDT 2010

Thanks for the replies.

So basically, when implementing the DB on the same host
as the web server, the hardware requirements are:

     "The hardware requirements of the DB choice and DB
      size, so reference the DB docs and maybe add 10%."

Fair?

It would be nice to have a record of where people hit trouble
(if they did), what they expanded to (if they did), and overall
what is working for people.

It would seem to me that Best Practical would have this sort
of information available as part of their contract work.  I
don't think, "Just throw a modern dual-core box with 16GB at
it" would be an acceptable answer to a customer asking "What
are the hardware requirements for us with 1000 tickets per
month?"