[rt-users] Adding additional features to the SelfService interface?

Daniel Swan d.c.swan at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 9 09:53:25 EST 2010

Hi rt-users,

I asked a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of simplifying the
interface for our RT users.  Somebody mentioned the SelfService
interface.  This is almost exactly what we need  - somewhere to log
in, and do basic ticket manipulation.   Specifically we need 2 things
- 1) assign custom fields (implemented and working) and 2) assign new
watchers (which I can't get working).

I've tried to add certain rights to the Unprivileged system group to
do this, but they do not seem to percolate through to the UI.  Is
there a way to do what I want to do via an inbuilt mechanism?  If not,
what would be the best way to allow this in the SelfService interface?

regards,

Dan

--
Bioinformatics Support Unit,
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences,