[rt-users] custom fields that apply to 'ticket transactions' only showing on ticket create

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Thu Nov 11 13:57:33 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:45:49AM -0500, Kris Germann wrote:
> Is there a way to show a mandatory custom field ONLY when the ticket
> is first created?

There is something like this in RT todo list ...

http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=14974&user=guest&pass=guest

> I want people to enter phone numbers and dates of technical issues,
> however now they are being asked to enter them again when resolving
> the ticket, which really there is no point to since it's recorded
> already...

As far as I know, displaying CF edit on correspond/comment/resolve is
not in RT core, but often done by a callback. You have to tweak this
callback (or EditBasics if you use this to resolve the ticket) to not
display edition of CF already filled.