[rt-users] 3.8.2 footer email issues.

Mel Allezbleu allezbleu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 07:06:42 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Emmanuel Lacour
<elacour at easter-eggs.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:46:59AM +0000, Mel Allezbleu wrote:
>> We migrated from rt2 to rt3.8.2 around 18 months ago and everything
>> seemed to work fine, however have noticed an issue with one user who
>> has a default RT footer added to his correspondence and i cant quite
>> figure out how to remove it. Besides its quite broken anyhow and not
>> any/much use to us. Would like to remove, not fix.
>> offending footer :
>> --
>> ? ???????? ???????? ?????????Time to display: 0.778012 ? ???»|« RT 3.8.2
>> Copyright 1996-2008 ?Best Practical Solutions, LLC? . ??????ݐ
>> --
>>
>> So far i have identified the offending file (Footer) and i have also
>> checked global and queue-specific templates via Admin but i cannot
>> find any reference to this footer. the queue was migrated from rt2 and
>> this is the only user/queue combination that has had this issue.
>>

> Each user may have a "signature" in its preferences, so check with him
> Preferences->About.
>
> If this signature really looks with chars replaced by "?", you may have
> had conversion issues when upgrading your RT (see UPGRADING file).

Thanks. I have checked his signature , he does not have one specified.
Yes it really does have the "????" chars - i believe it uses a Time::
perl module and Data::Dumper - like i said, im not interested in
fixing whatever is wrong with it using these modules, i would just
like it removed completely.