[rt-users] RT and mySQL cluster?

Thierry Thelliez thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:15:40 EST 2010

Thanks all for the quick answers.

In terms of sizing, we could have several thousands (max = 10,000;
more realistically 3,000) tickets submissions within a day. They will
not be nicely spread during the day. Some hours might be a lot busier
than others. Each ticket will have at least one attachment (about 1 to
3 mb each).

I am just starting to learn about MySQL Cluster, trying to find an
architecture that could be robust enough to minimize data loss in case
of failure. In other words, we do not want to lose hours of submitted
tickets if something bad happens. Likewise, we want to provide
continuity of operations even if a server goes down.

>From what I read in this forum, RT should be fine with the volume
assuming a decent server. My concern is more about robustness.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
Thierry