[rt-users] RT intermittent failures due to Mysql problems

uzee uzee007 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 01:56:39 EST 2010

I just found out that my post was rejected cause I hadn't subscribed to the
mailing list. My bad, the rejection message actually went to the junk folder
so didn't see it right away. I'm posting this message again.

Hi All,
I'm hoping someone here could help me out or give any suggestions or advice.
I have inherited an environment where RT was setup as 2 front-end
application servers (round robin via DNS) and 2 mysql db servers (mysql
servers are setup with replication).
Recently one of our mysql server's root partition bacame full which I think
messed up the replication. Now we are seeing intermittent failures when we
try to access RT. I have attached the error file.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30283778/rt_error.txt rt_error.txt

Google came up with a very simple solution here:
http://www.articlesbase.com/software-articles/rt-couldnt-store-your-session-mysql-error-985674.html
- unfortunately I tried that and it did not work in my case. The mysql
servers are configured with a mysqldump cronjob but for some weird reason
the last good dump for the RT database I have is from a month ago, I would
probably consider that as a LAST resort because if I understand correctly,
restoring from that dump would mean I would lose all the data that was
created after that dump...

I have tried repairing the tables via mysqlcheck and although it clearly
showed that it did fix issues with the tables... we still see the same RT
error intermittently... (Also, I dont understand why the errors are
intermittent, sometimes it works fine and we can do everything, and then a
few minutes later, its down and shows the error)

Just wondering if anyone has seen this or can offer any suggestions, I would
truly appreciate it....
thanks very much
-uzee