[rt-users] RT intermittent failures due to Mysql problems

uzee uzee007 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 01:45:06 EST 2010

Hi All,
I'm hoping someone here could help me out or give any suggestions or advice.
I have inherited an environment where RT was setup as 2 front-end
application servers (round robin via DNS) and 2 mysql db servers (mysql
servers are setup with replication).
Recently one of our mysql server's root partition bacame full which I think
messed up the replication. Now we are seeing intermittent failures when we
try to access RT. I have attached the error file.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30270762/rt_error.txt rt_error.txt

Google came up with a very simple solution here:
http://www.articlesbase.com/software-articles/rt-couldnt-store-your-session-mysql-error-985674.html
- unfortunately I tried that and it did not work in my case. The mysql
servers are configured with a mysqldump cronjob but for some weird reason
the last good dump for the RT database I have is from a month ago, I would
probably consider that as a LAST resort because if I understand correctly,
restoring from that dump would mean I would lose all the data that was
created after that dump...

I have tried repairing the tables via mysqlcheck and although it clearly
showed that it did fix issues with the tables... we still see the same RT
error intermittently... (Also, I dont understand why the errors are
intermittent, sometimes it works fine and we can do everything, and then a
few minutes later, its down and shows the error)

Just wondering if anyone has seen this or can offer any suggestions, I would
truly appreciate it....
thanks very much
-uzee