[rt-users] bulk update thousands of tickets

Peter Reuterås reuteras at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 13:41:29 EST 2010

Hi

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:34 PM, uzee <uzee007 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some of our devices that feed into RT generated thousands of tickets which
> are really informational. Besides the bulk update of the UI, is there
> another way that I can use to filter and update hundreds or thousands of
> tickets..? the UI allows for 50 tkts per page and that will take me a very
> looooong time....

Look at the rt command line tool in the bin-directory. Look at "rt
help examples". An example of what you can do is

rt ls -i owner=myaccount | rt edit - set status=resolved

which first lists tickets owned by myaccount and then status to
resolved. I use it regularly to filter out certain emails.

/Peter