[rt-users] Slow Ticket History

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun Oct 3 23:25:11 EDT 2010

On Tue  7.Sep'10 at 12:24:35 +0100, Tim Cutts wrote:

> From what I can tell, the real problem here is repeated scanning of both the @attachments and @attachment_content arrays, which makes the execution speed of the ShowHistory element O(N^2) with respect to the number of transactions; painful, to say the least.

That still shouldn't have been _slow_,  but you're 100% right that it
was inefficient. I've taken a slightly cleaned up version of the patch
into 3.9 - along with a bunch of other ticket history perf work I've
been doing over the past few weeks, I think you'll find it to be a
pleasant change.

Thank you!

-jesse