[rt-users] What to exclude from auto-updates

Gareth Tupper gareth at phonepower.com
Wed Oct 6 11:30:58 EDT 2010

Having spent a harrowing time recovering my RT install from the willful vagaries of CentOS's yum updates* I'd now like to never have to do that again.

To this end, can anyone suggest which packages I should not allow to be updated through yum/rpm , or packages that I should only update through cpan?

Many thanks,

Gareth

* Apache wouldn't load following updates, but that was easily fixed by updating File::Temp in cpan.  It then however left me in the state of not running RT and instead trying to download a blank file.  This was finally fixed by pulling all my hair out, crying in a corner, and finally deleting /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm from disk & reinstalling Scalar::Util from cpan.