[rt-users] What to exclude from auto-updates

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 7 09:18:49 EDT 2010

Exclude Scalar::Utils and File::Temp.

Regards, Ruslan. From phone.
2010 10 6 19:31 пользователь "Gareth Tupper" <gareth at phonepower.com>
написал:
> Having spent a harrowing time recovering my RT install from the willful
vagaries of CentOS's yum updates* I'd now like to never have to do that
again.

> To this end, can anyone suggest which packages I should not allow to be
updated through yum/rpm , or packages that I should only update through
cpan?

> Many thanks,
>
> Gareth
>

> * Apache wouldn't load following updates, but that was easily fixed by
updating File::Temp in cpan. It then however left me in the state of not
running RT and instead trying to download a blank file. This was finally
fixed by pulling all my hair out, crying in a corner, and finally deleting
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm from disk &
reinstalling Scalar::Util from cpan.