[rt-users] RTFM 2.4.3rc1 feedback

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 7 16:38:28 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 11:44:50AM -0400, Steve McStravick wrote:
>    No Glaring issues, but here is some feedback.

Steve

Thanks for reporting your experience, it helps me know that 2.4.3rc1
is probably ready for release.

Do you mind sending a few of your comments into
rtfm-bugs at bestpractical.com so they get into the tracker?

I have a few clarification questions below.

>    1.       ACL - user can click "Update" article even if they don't have the right...luckily
>    permissions on the CF's protect updates.
>
>    2.       Lists of Classes (e.g. Quick Search, Create an Article)..should be in Alphabetic
>    order (or optionally if you could defined the order, but defaults to alpha)

Is this on the Select Class page or something else?

>    3.       Search KB in menubar, ideally should be a "search all fields"

I assume you mean 'search all custom fields' rather than the 'search
name and description' that currently exists?  You could certainly port
the code from the SelfService search bar.

>    4.       Kwiki formatting for the CFs is confusing, make it VERY difficult to add formatted
>    items,...e.g. if you added some SQL:

Wiki Custom Fields aren't Kwiki syntax, and you may just want plain
text fields for RTFM.

>    select a.column,
>
>                 b.column2,
>
>                 c.column3
>
>    from table1 a inner join table2 b on (a.id = b.id)
>
>    it turns into a numbered list and adds line padding,etc....even if you wrap <code> around it.
>
>    5.       Article # but not the Article name appears in the `Refers To' link of a ticket.

Interesting.  We probably just want to add a Name method to Articles
instead of patching RT here, but please raise this in the bug tracker.

>    Patched:
>
>    diff /opt/rt3/local/html/Elements/ShowLink /opt/rt3/share/html/Elements/ShowLink
>
>    58c58
>
>    < % } elsif ( UNIVERSAL::can($member, 'Name') or UNIVERSAL::isa($member, "RT::FM::Article")) {
>
>    ---
>
>    > % } elsif ( UNIVERSAL::can($member, 'Name')) {
>
>    6.       The Custom Field labels (when viewing a ticket) blend in to the content..I modified
>    the CSS for CFs in general to make them stand out a bit.

Similarly, it would be interesting to see CSS tweaks, but I assume
these are RT rather than RTFM specific.  Those should end up at
rt-bugs.

Thanks

-kevin