[rt-users] Contribution: Connecting SVN and RT

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 8 17:56:15 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 05:45:28PM -0400, Josh Narins wrote:
> Primarily, because I didn't know it existed.
>
> Secondarily because, even though I looked through the code, I'm still fuzzy on exactly what a ticket looks like after the update. It changes the Links? Aren't Links usually to other tickets? So far I've just merged tickets, and made some depend on others. Can a RefersTo store an arbitrary text string like path/under/repo at 123? For those who don't know, @123 is subversion's "pin revision syntax."

Yes. RT lets you plug in arbitrary URI schemes. So we added a svn one.

So. this code adds a link from the ticket to the commit when the commit includes a [ticket #2313] in the commit message. It also lets you update the ticket from the commit message with certain key:value pairs and adds commit messages to ticket history.

> Thirdly, my way is a bit less work. The commit hook, since it has access to the svnlook output, has the owner, repository, revisions, and so on. I feel, with my basic understanding of your code, that mine can accomplish the same overall amount of work with less effort.

I'm a big fan of the loose coupling "webhook" style provoked poll of RT-Integration-SVN, but really whatever works for you works ;)

-Jesse