[rt-users] custom fields (simple?) question

Carlos Javier carlosjavier.v at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 11:28:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

I promise I've searched through http://www.gossamer-threads.com, but
either I'm very bad searching, or my question is too stupid (or
both!). Setup: RT 3.8.8, RTFM 2.4.2, RT-IR 2.4.4, Apache, RHEL.

I want to create several queues that behave as closely to "Incident
Report" as possible, but different ones, so different Groups can see
each one of them.

So I created the first one, let's say "IR - 1". I add for it the same
Ticket Custom Fields that Incident Report has. Just for test, and not
have problems with permissions, I give Everyone all permissions on
this queue.

Then, I go to create a ticket for this IR - 1 queue:

- the custom fields do not appear, the entry window is just as a
general ticket window
- instead of the title "Create a new Incident Report", it shows
"Create a new ticket"
- I create the ticket, anyway. In "ticket metadata", the "custom
fields" tab is empty

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Carlos