[rt-users] RT Query not allowing any Custom Field selection

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 14 19:39:36 EDT 2010

To List,

I'm getting a wierd result when trying to create a search looking for a
certain value in a Custom Field that is applied to a couple Queues.
I check the Queues and add them, no problem. I check the Custom Field and
add it and I am immediately thrown into *"Advanced"*. Every change I make
after that cannot be applied. I just end up back in the *"Advanced"* screen.
It acts like there is no such Custom FIeld. I tried "Like" and "is" and no
joy.

I've checked the Custom Field and it *IS* applied to those Queues.
The Values *ARE* available for "Select One"
I am a SuperUser so I *should* have rights to it, but I went ahead and added
"AdminCustomField", "ModifyCustomField" and "SeeCustomField" to the group
I'm in anyway. Still no joy.

When I run an SQL in SQL Navigator against the OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES Table
with this code:

select *
from OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES
where CustomField = 50111
  and (Content = 'Ledger' or Content = 'Expense');

I got 12 records. None are disabled.

I'm in 3.8.7 and Queries *without *Custom Fields are working fine.

Has anyone noticed this?

Was it mentioned awhile back and I missed it?

Thanks in advance.

Kenn
LBNL