[rt-users] On transaction, replace ticket's subject with transaction's subject

Kris Germann kris_germann at 295.ca
Fri Oct 15 13:27:12 EDT 2010

I'm wondering if this is something I should be capable of doing, however
right now it eludes me.

For standard requests which have common subjects, for example, Subject:
CUSTOMER NAME - PHONE NUMBER

I'm attempting to write a scrip which then enables us to replace
ticket's subject with the transaction's subject line, so if say we're
doing an order for a customer, and in this case the order is rejected,
the person who rejected it would add "REJECTED" to the subject: CUSTOMER
NAME - PHONE NUMBER REJECTED.

I'm wondering if there is a way as the subject here says, to extract the
correspondence subject (changed subject from the email reply) and change
the ticket title accordingly...

Has anyone had any success with this?
--
Kris