[rt-users] how to pre-fill fields?

Mathieu Longtin mathieu at closetwork.org
Sun Oct 17 11:35:08 EDT 2010

This is a simple example, you will need some perl code. This sets the
subject and the requestor, unless they are already set. You could set other
fields as well.

Put this in the file local/html/Callbacks/Ticket/Create.html/Default of you
RT installation. Create the directory path if needed.

<%INIT>
my $ARGSRef = $ARGS{'ARGSRef'};
if ( not $ARGSRef{'id'} ) { # Check if the ticket is really empty before
doing anything
  $ARGSRef{'Subject'} ||= 'Default subject';
  $ARGSRef{'Requestor'} ||= 'mydefault at requestor.com';
}
</%INIT>
<%ARGS>