[rt-users] RT Workflow and queue management

bob bob spenny212 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:49:27 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have a quick question about rt workflows.

As an example. I've created a queue 'Instalation' and created Custom Fields
for Rack, Power, DNS.
When a new ticket is created in Installation, Sub tickets are created each
for Rack, DNS, etc.
The workflow would be for a generic 'Server install'.

My problem at the moment is what if I want a different type of Installation,
lets say PC install --
This would in the same queue but would require a different set of Custom
Fields, OS Type, Username, Desk Number for example.
Or Telephone Install. The list goes on.

So my question... Is there any way to hide/show certain custom fields based
on the type of request being created in the Installation queue.

Regards