[rt-users] Search Words for Custom Field Variable in Email

Verne Baxter VerneB at team.sti.net
Thu Oct 21 16:52:27 EDT 2010

I have the feeling I'm searching using the wrong word(s). Please give me the 'buzz' words to search this list for 'how to write the code(?) in an email that will be replaced by the contents of a Custom Field'.  I have a custom field 'Full Name' in my tickets. I wish the contents of that field to be placed after 'Dear'  in email correspondence (while I'm in the ticket) so instead of Dear Subscriber (generic as heck) it will be Dear Wayne Glumpy.  'mail merge'? 'customfield variable'?

Verne Baxter
RT v3.8.2 on Fedora

This communication (including any attachments) contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive messages for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the communication. If you have received the communication in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the communication. Nothing in this communication should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.