[rt-users] schema change/warning in upgrade to RT3.8.8

Vick Khera khera at kcilink.com
Wed Oct 27 09:43:38 EDT 2010

I *finally* got around to upgrading RT 3.6.7 to 3.8.8 today. Everything went smoothly except for one minor hiccup.  The database schema upgrade for 3.8.3 failed with the following:

[Wed Oct 27 13:06:01 2010] [crit]: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "groupmembers1" already exists at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/RT/Handle.pm line 506. (/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/RT.pm:384)
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "groupmembers1" already exists at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/RT/Handle.pm line 506.

I'm not sure if I manually added an index of that name at some point, but the index I had under that name prior was

CREATE INDEX groupmembers1 ON groupmembers USING btree (groupid);

However, the rt 3.8.3 upgrade wants to create

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX GroupMembers1 ON GroupMembers(GroupId, MemberId);

Not a big deal, *but* there is non-unique data in that table already.  For now I just made that a non-unique index, but I'd rather bring my schema inline with the "official" one.

Any recommendations on how to fix?  It is hard to trace the schema relations since there are not FK's defined, so I'm not sure how to update the group id references or if I need to.  Also, is this table supposed to be really huge?  I have over 700k tuples in it!

Thanks!