[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth

Peter Barton PBarton at iesi.com
Wed Sep 1 18:13:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:32:35PM -0400, Jason Ledford wrote:
> > > But you can't assign permissions to a user that's never logged in.
> >
> > If you run LDAPImport, that user should be there to find and make
privileged so you can grant them rights

> --
> Sorry, that's what I meant.  If you just use the external auth plugin
you can't assign them permissions until they have logged in, unless you
are using >ldapimport.

> Can you point me in the direction of the current work in the git repo
so I can take a look?

>http://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-ldapimport/

>It is due for a developer's release, but that hasn't been a priority

>-kevin

After I wrote this email earlier I did some searches and found the
LDAPImport script.  I have messed with it all day and now have it
working pretty reliably.  I have two questions though.

1. If I try to search from the top of my AD Tree the script crashes and
says the search is too large, so I am forced to run this multiple times
and refine my baseDN each time.  Anyone know of a way to increase the
size of the search so I can do my entire tree each night?

2. I have Custom Fields added to my user information ( Manager, Title )
and I was wondering if the LDAPImport script can import into the custom
fields?

Thanks for any help,