[rt-users] Move ticket queue on date expiry

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Thu Sep 2 13:46:58 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 08:03:08AM -0700, Gareth Tupper wrote:
> Hallo
>
> Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.  I'm using RT 3.8.6.  I'd like to move tickets to a new queue if the 'updated' date is older than 3 days.
> The intention is to stop tickets getting lost & languishing untouched.
>
> Can RT do this?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Gareth

Hi Gareth,

You should be able to use the rt-crontool command to do this
via a cronjob on your system. Generally, if the due date for
a ticket is set correctly, the ticket will show up closer to
the top in the "10 highest priority tickets I own" window of
the dashboard.

Another way would be to simply add another window to your
dashboard, using a saved search, the display your tickets
that have not been updated in 3 days. That would be my
preferred solution, if the normal ticket order change as
the due date approaches will not work.

Regards,
Ken