[rt-users] Can't get ExternalAuth to work with Windows 2003 AD

John Alberts John.Alberts at exlibrisgroup.com
Fri Sep 3 12:53:59 EDT 2010

  I have a brand new install of RT 3.8.8 on CentOS 5.5 with the
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to get RT to
let me log in with my AD login.  I've tried changing the filter options,
etc with no luck.  The debug log seems to indicate that it can't bind
with the LDAP server; however, I can successfully bind with the same
user and filters using ldapsearch and also a small test script that I
wrote which uses Net::LDAP.

I have my RT_Siteconfig.pm, debug log, ldapsearch example, and test
script all in the following gist:
https://gist.github.com/1ba81d5642611de654f9

I would appreciate any suggestions.

--