[rt-users] performance slow

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Sep 7 03:03:03 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 11:37:25AM +0530, Jyoti Sahu wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> We are using RT3.6.3 as one of our internal project for request tracking.

Upgrading this to latest version will give you better performances.
Especially if you have many queues.
FYI latest RT is 3.8.8.

> However we are facing many many many performance issues.
>
> We have our Rt database filled like any thing with live request. So the
> result is our ticket page opens very slow. Sometimes it takes about 3-4 min
> in rendering that ticket page. So is there anything from database side or
> apache configuration side that can help us to improve our rt system
> performance.

Most RT performance problems commes from poorly tuned database. You
should enable slow query logging on your DB and check indexes, you
should also make sur that your DB is configured to use your server
memory plenty.

> Please try to solve our issue asap as we are in a big mess due to
> performance.

you're asking here for community support so don't espect any SLA ;) RT
users will do their best in helping you if you give as much details as
possible. Else, you may also try to find some commercial support.