[rt-users] Assign child ticket to a separate queue?

Ciancetta, Barbara J. bcian at mitre.org
Wed Sep 8 08:55:01 EDT 2010

Using RT 3.8.7 and trying to configure so that it will support the following workflow:

Need:
Team A create tickets for team B to take action
Keep team B's access restricted to just those tickets that team opened for their action
Keep statistics for Team A clean (i.e. number of tickets in Team A queue)

Seems a good approach to this would be team A (in their queue) creating a child ticket but assigning it to team B's queue.  My interpretation of the following statement from article (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/WorkFlow) seems to indicate that may be possible.
"The Queue is the queue in which the new ticket is created. At the moment, we've elected to create them in the same queue as the parent ticket, but it may make more sense to create them in other queues. The Parent link will keep everything tied together if you do."

However trying to create a child ticket and assign it to a separate queue in our dev environment doesn't seem possible.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  Please help.