[rt-users] MyReminder for nobody

Paul paul.crovella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:42:47 EDT 2010

On 09/13/2010 08:38 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 08:47:02PM -0400, JAIN JACOB wrote:
>>    Hi,
>>    I'm using RT 3.8.8 on RED HAT LINUX 5.0 with apache 2.0.
>>    I have moved the RT database from RT 3.6.5 to RT 3.8.8 and has run the upgrade scripts. But
>>    when I login to RT on my reminder sections I'm seeing reminders for 'nobody' along with the
>>    reminder that I have set.
>>    Even non superusers get the same reminder section( reminder for nobody). Could you please let
>
> MyReminders has searched for
>
> $reminders->FromSQL('(Owner = "Nobody" OR Owner = "'.$session{'CurrentUser'}->Name.'")'
>
> for a long time
>
> -kevin

Jain, this bugged me too. Easy fix is to copy
/path/to/rt/share/html/Elements/MyReminders to
/path/to/rt/local/html/Elements/MyReminders and remove the 'Owner =
"Nobody" OR ' chunk.

Not sure why Nobody's reminders are shown by default. My only guess is
so there'd be an easy way to remind or notify everyone of something.
Around here, though, people would just miss setting an owner and end up
confusing the rest of us.

Cheers,
Paul