[rt-users] Owner does not get emails.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 17 09:11:19 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 07:50:07AM -0500, Ashrock wrote:
>  Isn't it the administrator or the owner should be notified that a
> ticket is created.

Do you have a new Scrip to notify an Administrator?
Or did you mean AdminCc
Did you assign an owner at ticket creation

I'll quote what I said:
> >>Set($NotifyActor, 0);
> >You probably want to read up on this setting

You probably want to read up on that setting

> I did not installed any other package other than RT. It started
> executing RT-mailgate in the bin folder to send out email.

rt-mailgate is not used to send mail and RT would not use it to send
mail.  It is used to inject mail into RT to create tickets.
Please note, you are not running rt-mailgate, you are running
rt-mailgate-queue which is not a command RT installs.  Most likely,
your alias file is wrong.

> Don't i have to pick one between a sendmail or sendmailpipe?

The point is that
@MailCommand, 'sendmailpipe'
is not valid RT configuration syntax
There are at least 2 problems with it.