[rt-users] Owner does not get emails.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 17 10:10:18 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 09:02:01AM -0500, Ashrock wrote:
>    No, there isn't any scrip saying "On Create, Notify Owner", probably i need to create one !

If you want to notify the owner, then yes

>    It is sending mail to the creator, and also the owner. But when i select a nobody as a owner,
>    i don't understand where does the mail go to.

Anything that has On Create will send mail On Create.
Nobody means there is no owner, so of course no mail will be sent to
the owner.

>    Also when i sent an email from a external SMTP
>    server like GMAIL, it does not record on the RT mail queue, neither does it give back a ticket
>    creation notification. Neither does it send a rejection notification.

Sounds like a problem with your mail configuration

>    Do i have to modify any settings. I understood what a notify actor does now. Do i have to use
>    sendmail instead of a sendmailpipe. Coz i  have mailpipes created in master.cf for different
>    queues.

You're confusing inbound and outbound mail again.

$MailCommand is used for outbound mail, so setting sendmail or
sendmailpipe is incapable of affecting inbound mail.

-kevin