[rt-users] Owner does not get emails.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 17 11:54:27 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:47:14AM -0500, Ashrock wrote:
>    You have suggested to check the mail configuration. as i am facing the problem of automatic
>    ticket creation from an external requests.
>    Do you mean, if a ticket is not created automatically from an external Email address, then it
>    would be problem with mail configuration, and not with RT_SiteConfig. ?
>    If you send to the email address mentioned on the queue, then it comes directly to the email
>    address created, than being recorded as a ticket and creating a ticket automatically.
>    Do we need to write a scrip even for that, or does it go through RT.

Presumably internal mail goes:

mail client -> mail server -> RT server

and works?  If it doesn't work, don't bother testing with gmail yet.

gmail will go

gmail -> MX server -> depends a lot on your configuration -> RT server

You care about that 3rd part, which is site-specific knowledge that
nobody on this list is going to be able to guess.

Your original RT_SiteConfig and MTA configuration was very confused
because you were mixing inbound and outbound email, so it is really
hard for anyone to follow how your mail setup works.

-kevin