[rt-users] Question about "On Queue Change" Scrip Condition

David Moreau Simard fooraide at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:53:42 EDT 2010

  This is so weird.. would it be a bug ? Because the code certainly
doesn't behave the way I would expect.

I've tried several things as a global scrip as Kenneth recommended:
Condition: User Defined
Action: User Defined
Template: Blank

Custom Condition:
my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;

# Attempt #1
return($transaction->Type = "Set" && $transaction->Field = "Queue" &&
$transaction->OldValue eq "queuename");

 >> This will return true only if the ticket is transferred TO
queuename, it will not trigger if it is transferred away from queuename

# Attempt #2
return($transaction->Type = "Set" && $transaction->Field = "Queue" &&
$transaction->NewValue eq "queuename");

 >> Same result as attempt #1 (How can this be?)

I've done other attempts but still in vain.

This should really be trivial as I'm used to toying with RT conditions
and actions but I somehow can't figure this one out.