[rt-users] Take and Change Owner Permissions

Jason Ledford jledford at biltmore.com
Tue Sep 21 13:17:49 EDT 2010

I am having a problem with take and change owner permissions.  I have a user group that only has the following permissions on a specific queue:

CommentOnTicket
 CreateTicket
 ForwardMessage
 ModifyTicket
 OwnTicket
 ReplyToTicket
 SeeCustomField
 SeeQueue
 ShowTicket
 ShowTicketComments

and everyone has the following on the same queue
 CreateTicket
 ModifyCustomField
 ReplyToTicket
 SeeQueue
 ShowTicket

There are no other group or global rights appied that would affect this user.  If they are looking at unowned tickets on their RT at a glance, they have a link for Take, even though they don't have the Take Ticket right.  They can also go into the Jumbo view of a ticket and change the owner.  Am I misunderstanding this right?  If I am, how do I keep users from taking unowned tickets?  We are trying to set it up so there is a queue manager who sorts and assigns and don't want everyone to be able to just take tickets.

TIA for any help.