[rt-users] user's rights on tickets

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Tue Sep 21 13:25:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to set up RT (latest) for us, but have a problem
understanding rights. We want to give users the ability to see their
tickets, and _only_ their tickets, including tickets they submitted,
but which are not "taken". Ideally, the user could be a group (eg. an
IT department) with several human members, who generally should have
the same rights. Likewise, if some person out of such a "user" group, a
confirmation should be sent to the group as a whole, not only to that
member of the group.

The only way I see how to do this, at this moment, is to create one
queue per user/group, and assign this user/group rights to only this
queue (use a special group if there is more than one person to deal
with).

I'd like to have the ability to (automatically) assign access rights on
a per-ticket basis instead, but don't see how this could be done.

It would be nice if you could share some tips or pointers!

Kind regards,
--Toni++