[rt-users] Autocreate ticket when sent an email

Gary Greene ggreene at minervanetworks.com
Thu Sep 23 19:42:31 EDT 2010

On 23/9/10 2:15 PM, "Ashrock" <mdashraf.ash at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> This is a quick question whose answer was not clear in the forums.
> May be if someone can answer will help in future for others too.
>
> RT should autocreate a ticket and send a confirmation to the requestor
> stating that a ticket has been created.
> So, does the requestor should be a member of the group or the queue it
> is sending onto.
> Does it have to connect to LDAP to search if the user exists in the A.D.
> Also ($AutoCreateNonexternalUsers ,1) is set, so does it create these
> users to RT when you just send an email to the respective queue.
> RT cannot bind to LDAP server. I get the below error when i try to bind
> to LDAP using ldapsearch.
>
> /# ldapsearch -h midcontinent.local -b "dc=midcontinent dc=local"
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>
> So, i am trying to see if the email will autocreate tickets and send a
> autoreply to the requestor.
> I have defined a scrip to Notify on Autocreate to the requestor in the
> group which i intend to send the email.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

If it cannot contact the server, that means that it cannot find it in DNS.
Ping that box (though with the TLD .local, you likely won't be able to make
this work anyway, as AD really does work far better when you're using a
valid TLD and DNS domain name....)

At this point, this is quickly falling out of scope of RT, and into the
realm of proper AD administration, design, and debugging.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations