[rt-users] Mailgate and Exam4

Ingo.Itter at ages.de Ingo.Itter at ages.de
Fri Sep 24 02:49:43 EDT 2010

Hello John,

thanks for your help, but the way described also in the book does'nt work,
because the actual Exim MTA does'nt default support the Pipe so i need a
other way to pipe the Mails into the RT Mailgate

Here the description

### router/400_exim4-config_system_aliases
#################################

# This router handles aliasing using a traditional /etc/aliases file.
#
##### NB  You must ensure that /etc/aliases exists. It used to be the case
##### NB  that every Unix had that file, because it was the Sendmail
default.
##### NB  These days, there are systems that don't have it. Your aliases
##### NB  file should at least contain an alias for "postmaster".
#
# This router handles the local part in a case-insensitive way which
# satisfies the RFCs requirement that postmaster be reachable regardless
# of case. If you decide to handle /etc/aliases in a caseful way, you
# need to make arrangements for a caseless postmaster.
#
# Delivery to arbitrary directories, files, and piping to programs in
# /etc/aliases is disabled per default.

"John Constable" <John.Constable at ipaccess.com>
23.09.2010 18:32

An
<Ingo.Itter at ages.de>, <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
Kopie

Thema
RE: [rt-users] Mailgate and Exam4 [AGES: Viren geprüft !!]

Assuming I?ve understood you correctly, this ?just worked? for us with
Centos 5 and Exim 4.  We added an entry like the following to the aliases
file;

#RT mailqueues
hrtracker:           "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue hrtracker --action
correspond --url http://hrtracker.ipaccess.com/"
hrtracker-comment:   "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue hrtracker --action
comment --url http://hrtracker.ipaccess.com/"

[root at camhrpin01 ~]# rpm -qv exim
exim-4.63-3.el5

[root at camhrpin01 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

I?ve also use it successfully on assorted Debian installs of Exim4.  So it
may not be Exim that?s at the root of your problem.

Hope that helps,

John
p.s. first post from me all, so apologies if I?ve missed any list
conventions..