[rt-users] managing ldap users / RT-Authen-ExternalAuth question

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 29 11:59:38 EDT 2010

Val,

First of all, "SeeQueue" doesn't really have anything to do with "seeing"
tickets. It merely gives user the ability to see a Queue they might want to
create a ticket in, and then, they still have to have "CreateTicket". To
"SeeTickets", there s few rights you can grant. 1) grant the "ShowTicket"
right to see general info on a ticket. 2) grant "ShowTicketComments" to
allow the user to see any comments made on the ticket. "ShowTicket doesn't
include this ability. 3) grant "SeeOutgoingEmail" to allow the user to see
the email that is in a ticket and 4) grant "SeeCustomField" (usually at the
group level) to see any Custom Fields in the TIcket. We usually grant all
these to user-defined groups of user with the same interest in a particular
Queue. Further, if you don't want everyone to see everyone else's business,
grant these rights to the Requestor's role instead of a Users group. Of
course, you're going to want Owners or a User-defined group of support users
(those that can "take", "own" and "modify" a ticket in a Queue) all of those
rights as well.
Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL