[rt-users] custom field help

Ian Atkinson ian.atkinson at leeds-art.ac.uk
Thu Sep 30 15:28:55 EDT 2010

On 30 Sep 2010, at 18:36, Kenneth Crocker wrote:

> Ian,
>
> When I first go to a ticket and select "Jumbo", all CF's look fine. When I go back to "Display", they are also fine. I do find, though, that when I make a change to a CF and then select a different view, the change does always show.
> A Question; have you tried updating the CF in a ticket, then get out to look at another ticket, then get back into the one you changed? I think if you do this, you'll find that the change DID commit. However, I think that due to cache, when you take different looks at the ticket after a change without getting that cache re-loaded, you're going to see this. I am also on 3.8.7 and have seen this before. But when I navigate to some other screen (new ticket, a query, home page, etc.) and then come back, the data is correct. Just a thought.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your response - I don't think it's a caching issue to be honest as the display is always the same for the 'broken' values regardless of who's machine in the office the helpdesk is viewed from, how long ago the CF was set or if the Apache service has been restarted on the server which should rule out all caches as far as I can tell?

Thanks,

Ian.