[rt-users] changing priorities "on the fly"

Raphaël MOUNEYRES raphael.mouneyres at sagemcom.com
Fri Apr 1 05:02:54 EDT 2011

Hello,
on a RT3.8.8

We're using Dashboards with tickets order by priorities to see current
actions.
During meetings we want to change priorities of displayed tickets.
to achieve this we need to : click on the ticket name, go to essential
view, change priority, validate, and finally clisk a shortcut to the
dashboard.
this is not very user friendly

What we would like is to be able to change priorities while in the
dashboard view.
  Either by drag'n'drop (ideal but many UI coding seems necessary)
  or having the priorities being combobxes (drop down list)
  or having +/- buttons next to the priority number
  or having http links in custom fields launching a scrip to update the
priority (like an Up arrow, and a Down arrow)

the only solution i found is to have the priority number clickable to the
modify.html page, wich save a few clicks

i tried adding a custom field style combobox to the tickets but the
dashboard still display the actual value not the combobox.
>> maybe it is possible to modify the ColumnMap to show the combobox
instead of the value ?

The other solution i'm considering is in the "ticket search" engine
when adding a column to display we can choose a Format:Relation with
standard transactions actions, and resulting in something like :
'<a
href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Update.html?Action=Respond&id=__id__">__QueueName__</a>'
>> Would it be possible to start a custom Scrip action when clicking the
link instead of a web page ?
>> or maybe a custom html page ?

Does anyone has made something similar working, with any of these or
another solution ?

dependeing on your answer, i may add this to the wishlist.

thank you,

Raphaël

#
" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous sont
pas destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les
divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce
soit le contenu. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en
informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système
informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés."

                               ******

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments
thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents
from your computer system."
#