[rt-users] Create tickets on mails without creating a real user record.

Jan Hugo Prins jhp at jhprins.org
Fri Apr 1 17:12:13 EDT 2011

On 04/01/2011 04:05 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> RT creates a user record for any email address associated with a
> ticket.  That is a fundamental part of how RT works.
>
> Why are you concerned about this?
Well, it's not that I'm concerned about it, but we were wandering about
this during our tests on how to get RT working with creating new
external users, while also allowing users authenticate that have a LDAP
account. This doesn't seem to work the way it is supposed to work, at
least not yet, and then we thought, can we accept tickets without
creating the account. Besides that, when your RT installation starts
receiving spam mail, then you can end up with an enormous user database,
so allowing external users to autocreate an account is not really an
option I think.

Jan Hugo