[rt-users] QuickSearch has broken links for some users

Adam Bernstein adam at electricembers.net
Fri Apr 1 18:53:41 EDT 2011

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did Ed make any progress on this?
  Because we're having the same trouble, after changing the URL at which
RT is addressed on our system: We have three users, and one of us sees
everything fine, while the other two see the old URL appearing in ticket
links under the QuickSearch listings (and only there).

The only difference we've been able to find so far in the database is
that the two affected users were initially auto-created upon ticket
creation (many years, many tickets, and many RT versions ago), while the
other was not.  New users are not affected.  But none of us have any
custom Search Options configured in the location referred to by Kevin
below -- we've never touched those things, never gotten to that level of
RT-fu.

This is RT 3.8.8.  Any help greatly appreciated.

     adam

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:51:31AM -0500, Ed Santora wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I recently moved our RT instance from a base hostname to a subdirectory
 > (i.e. from http://www.example.com/ to http://www.example.com/rt/)
 >
 > Myself and a few users have updated our SavedSearches to account for that
 > change and it works fine. As does almost everything else. However,
for some
 > users, when they click the Queue link from the QuickSearch box all the
 > tickets displayed have links without the ending "/rt".
 >
 > This was a fresh install of the files, Mason cache has been cleared
and the
 > web server restarted. Only the database was carried over.
 >
 > This behavior is only seen with a handful of users. I am unable to figure
 > out why the links are correct for some users and not others. Any ideas on
 > where to start looking for the cause?

Check if these users have a custom Format under Preferences -> Search
options with id or Name and an invalid Link item

-kevin