[rt-users] LDAP and ext. Auth for a better understanding...

wac at yellowhippy.com wac at yellowhippy.com
Tue Apr 5 16:06:39 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

as far as I know, users shouldn't be deleted from RT (can't be). The
reason for this is that we want to be able to reconstruct everthing
even when the user isn't around anymore.

Is that correct so far?

My question is what happens if we have an external authorisation, like LDAP...
Does RT copy the user information to its internal database? Or how
does it make sure that the user information is stored? Since I can
easily delete users from my LDAP.

Would be great if someone could explain the method to me.

Cheers,
Chris