[rt-users] Question about RT and requestors

Bart bart at pleh.info
Tue Apr 12 03:42:59 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm new to RT and have a general question regarding requestors (hopefully
I'm using the right terminology).

By default RT identifies a requestor based on it's e-mail address. With
custom fields I have the ability to create company info which you can link
to a requestor. I think I could automate that process with a scrip by
checking a persons e-mail domain and link it to a company + I could link
another custom field for general e-mail and telephone number to the company
which would create a few basic contact fields.

Up to that point, apart from the scrip since I'm not yet entirely sure if
that would work, this is pretty straight forward.

The problem though is that I've been presented with the question if I could
do something similar for user contact info since in some cases you'd want to
register a persons direct work number. I could create a custom field for
that but it would be nice to automatically remember this number and keep
using it for future tickets. Basically very basic CRM abilities.

So my question is: Can I achieve the above "light" CRM ability with RT, or
is there anther way to get something in between the lines working with RT?

Best regards,

Bart